Tuesday, July 13, 2021
Thursday, July 8, 2021
the new album releasing now ....
12 brand new tracks
1. The Pandemic Tango
2. Autumn Magic
3. A Quirky Little Shop
4. Ride-On Mower
5. Everyday Heroes 6. Speculation
7. The Hairy Faerie 8. The Mask
9. In Crowd 10. Vintage Nans in Vintage Vans 11.Tradies 12.Blame
Listen to Pandemic Tango here: Maureen
Sunday, April 4, 2021
So we're just over 12 months along since the pandemic was declared and it's been a tough year for everyone - especially those who work in the Arts.
For me, not only did all my gigs, shows, choruses, concerts, music networks come to a grinding halt in March last year, so did my social networks, incomes, and creativity! My inspiration, imagination, and artistic vision walked out in protest. I was feeling pretty low until I discovered that I was in an enormous lifeboat with a world of artists - and Arts-related workers - all experiencing the same thing.
Fortunately, one of the Music Industry platforms I belong to - an International group which supports independent artists -is proactive in its approach. Eventually it flicked a switch which resonated with me and I took up their "Songwriters Challenge" in March this year.
It worked. I blocked the "Block" and now have a heap of new material I'm working on to produce another album mid year. No CD's though anymore. This album - still under wraps - is going to be produced on USB for easy download to your devices.
I'll be happy to share more about the new music in the next month or so ...stay tuned. And if you haven't joined me yet on Facebook, I encourage you to send a friend request ...it's where I'm most active with news, updates, and events. #note tho'...I tend only to 'friend' people that I know, or have met. So if we haven't met yet, leave a message with your request and here's your password to let me know you're a genuine friend: Mozmate
If you haven't had a chance to pick it up yet, Table Manners is worth the effort.
You can order your copy - direct from the Publishers: https://pegasuspublishers.com/books/all/table-manners
or most online booksellers such as: https://www.booktopia.com.au/search.ep?keywords=Table+Manners+Maureen+Brien&productType=917504
or ask your local bookstore or library to order it in for you.
Below are just a few of the reviews that readers have written after finishing the novel;
- .."it felt like a holiday by the seaside, I wanted to stay longer, to dine at la jazz, to walk in the bush, soak up the harbour...."
- "...It was hard to put it down when I should have been doing things, in fact I often succumbed to what I call the "Just one more chapter" syndrome, which often developed into several more chapters."
- "What a little gem this delightful book is. Originally
a stage production, Maureen O’Brien has transferred the story from stage to
page beautifully. The characters are engaging and relatable. You find yourself
reluctant to let go of the book as you are drawn to discover a little more of
the goings on at La Jazz."
- "...Above all Table Manners is a tale of people becoming themselves and understanding what they need to do for both themselves and for their friends. These are serious stories told with a humorous and light touch that will keep the reader enthralled to the end. An absolute delight, highly recommended."
Thursday, January 28, 2021
After more than 12 months in the wastelands, accompanied by undelivered shows and concerts, we're treading the boards once more in Newcastle.
With a small troupe - just 4 of us - we'll be delivering the UH! OH! REVIEW: When the things you planned don't go to plan ..... on Saturday 20th February, 7.30pm at the Royal Exchange Salon Theatre, Bolton Street Newcastle. A ONE NIGHT ONLY comedy review of songs, sketches, and confessional tales.
As Covoid restrictions are still with us, tickets are limited and the show is likely to be booked out. We recommend that you get in early to secure a seat. Online bookings can be made via
www.trybooking.com/BOIVR or phone the theatre direct - 4929 4969 [more information on the booking link too]