This will be my first production where I haven't been on stage in one form or another so it's quite a unique experience for me! As has been the realisation and acceptance that with such a large cast, compromise is not only demanded, but inevitable.
Some of the highlights and lowlights include:
- the fascination of watching an experienced troupe - with diverse yet complimentary skills - work together as a team and create a 'smoothing' effect of the various strengths and weaknesses.
- the joy of watching some of our "first-timers" discover and develop their abilities - and feeling blessed to have been able to contribute to that process
- the hard job of having to critique others work in an endeavour to improve the performance standard - it's not easy for an artist to step outside the creative process and rein in others creativity
- the frustration of having to juggle artistic ego's - it requires the wisdom of bloody Solomon!
- for a Writer, the thrill of seeing your written words bought to life on stage by an experienced troupe
- the pleasure of working with experienced musicians who understand that it's NOT all about the music!