Tuesday, September 5, 2017

SPRINGING INTO SPRING!

Despite succumbing to the evil flu which is running rampant in this region currently,  the show must go on ...and there are 2 events this month definitely worth coming out for:

Sat 9th Sept 
"The Voice of Spring"

 The annual chorus fundraiser is a delightful way to spend a Spring Afternoon.   With some lovely songs from the choristers, some fun games and a stack of prizes to win {including a 2 night B&B stay at Merewether, and $150 worth of Art Classes from wonderful artist Stephen James},  a short comedy spot with Rob Byrne, and a scrumptious afternoon tea....why WOULDN'T you want to be there.   Tickets at the door $20 [or purchase in advance to go in a bonus draw]  2pm



Sunday 17th September 2pm
"The ORIGINAL Ms O' ..." 

.........finally, after too long a wait, I'm doing a dedicated Originals gig in my home town. 

 Because I've been so involved in writing and directing for mainstream theatre over the past 5 years, people who know me as a songwriter have asked me if I've stopped writing.  Nothing could be further from the truth though!  A lot of my new works over the past years have been written to fit the shows....some have been recorded.....some have been performed in my commercial gigs.....many have only ever been heard by show audiences.  And if you're not a theatre-goer, will not have heard 5 years worth of great songs!

And people who have joined my mailing list via the theatre productions, will not know my work as a songwriter {because in the productions, the songs are simply considered part of the script}. 
So as my theatre work is coming to the end of its life-cycle, it's time to get back to the work I love most - and do best.
This gig will deliver some old favourites and some of the beautiful [or fun] new pieces from recent years.  with musicians Aaron Hipwell and Russ Redford plus guest musicians/artists.
Show time is at 2pm - at The Dungeon, Glebe Rd Adamstown.  Tickets are $20pp and include light refreshments ...but feel free to book a table, bring some friends, and your favourite tipple!
BOOKINGS via bookings@maureen.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment