Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The HIghs and Lows of playing LIVE

OMG  ...you know, you go along your merry way thinking that all's well, then - when you least expect it -  the Universe pulls the rug out from under you .....and that's what happened at the Savoy Supper Club last week when I absolutely crucified my mini-set of 4 songs!!  Played 'em hundreds of times over half a dozen years then all of a sudden, out of the blue, my brain gets stuck in the logistics of the night and there was no room left to concentrate on my own music!!

It was a good shake-up wake-up call to remind me that she who tries to juggle too many balls at the one time without sufficient preparation is doomed to disaster!   So I just have to accept that when I'm in the drivers seat, I can't be navigator and chauffeured princess all at the same time.  Damn.  Guess performing is going to have to take a back seat for the next couple of months.  So is songwriting.

Now,  I just have to make note to myself .....2012 New Year's Resolution.......
dear Moz,  in 2012 let's get back to focusing on what YOU love to do best.  Instead of creating lots of opportunities for other musicians, let's concentrate on making and sharing YOUR music first.


No comments:

Post a Comment